- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 inch) loaf round Italian or sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced Pavone? Genoa Salami
- 1/2 pound sliced Pavone? Capicola
- 1/4 pound sliced Pavone? Prosciutto
- 1/4 pound sliced Pavone? Mortadella
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, well drained, cut into strips
- 1 small jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, well drained
Pavone? is the trademark of Patrick Cudahy? European Meats
- Combine vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until dressing is thickened.
- Cut off top 1/3 of bread. Remove bread crumbs from top and bottom of bread leaving a 3/4-inch shell. Divide cheese into thirds. Layer 1/3 of the cheese on bottom and up sides of bread. Layer half of the salami, capicola, prosciutto and mortadella over the cheese. Layer 1/3 of cheese over meat. Spoon half of dressing over cheese. Repeat layering with half of salami, capicola, prosciutto, mortadella and remaining cheese. Spoon remaining dressing over cheese. Close sandwich with top of bread. Wrap in double plastic wrap or foil; refrigerate over night. To serve, cut into 8 wedges.