- 4 sheets phyllo dough (found in frozen food section of grocery store)
- 4 strips Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, cooked
- 4 asparagus spears, steamed and chilled
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 c. melted butter
- 1. Lay out sheets of phyllo dough on clean cutting board or counter. Cover reserved phyllo dough with a damp paper towel to prevent drying.
- 2. Julienne one strip of bacon, set aside.
- 3. Lightly brush butter on entire sheet of phyllo to coat lightly.
- 4. Lay one asparagus spear at one end of phyllo sheet and top with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle ? cup Parmesan cheese in a light layer on the sheet of phyllo.
- 5. Tightly roll up pastry into a long stick. Lightly brush with more melted butter.
- 6. Repeat steps 1-5 for remaining phyllo sheets.
- 7. Bake pastry on a cookie sheet at 350°F for 7-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8. Remove from oven and use tongs to move phyllo stick to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- 9. Slice 1?-inch pieces of pastry on the bias. Serve as an appetizer.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon