- 8 slices Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, crisply cooked*, divided
- 1-1/3 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 4 Kaiser or onion hamburger buns, split, grilled or lightly toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices large tomato
- Crumble 4 slices of the bacon into a medium bowl. Cut remaining bacon slices in half; set aside. Add meat, onion, salt and pepper to bowl with crumbled bacon. Mix well and shape to form four patties about 4-inches in diameter.
- Grill over medium heat on a covered grill or in a ridged grill pan over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Place cheese over patties during the last minute of cooking. Mix mayonnaise and chili sauce; spread over buns. Fill with lettuce, tomato, patties and halved bacon.
- *8 slices Patrick Cudahy fully cooked bacon may be substituted.
This Recipe Features
- Pre-Cooked Bacon Slices
- Regular Sliced Bacon