- 6 medium size Red potatoes
- 1 cup grated Wisconsin Asiago cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup finely chopped, cooked Patrick Cudahy Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon
? cup sour cream (on side)
- Place red potatoes on a cutting board and slice a thin part of two sides of the potato so they sit flat on a cutting board.
- Scoop out a hole about ? to ? inch deep depending on the size of your potato preferably with a melon baller.
- Cook potatoes and the scooped out pieces of potato in a pot big enough to hold all of these ingredients for 20 minutes until potatoes are just cooked through.
- Chill potatoes in ice water, but remove the warm cooked scooped out pieces for your filling
- In a medium size bowl, add warm potato pieces, mayo, asiago cheese and bacon bits and mix together until mixture is smooth.
- Fill scooped out potatoes with filling and sprinkle any remaining bacon bits on top of the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for 25 minutes at 350 degrees and serve warm.
- Top with chopped chives.
- Serve with sour cream alongside your favorite meats, seafood, or as a great appetizer.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon