- 8 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 16 oz. of macaroni pasta
- 2 cups grated sharp Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (reserve ? cup parmesan for topping the mac and cheese)
- 1 cup grated smoked mozzarella
- 2 cups of chopped, cooked Patrick Cudahy Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon
- 8 oz. of cubed Patrick Cudahy Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Ham
- Begin by making a bechamel sauce. In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat butter and add flour to make a roux, cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook over low heat until sauce thickens to a medium thickness. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and whisk in all cheeses until melted and cover sauce until ready for the pasta.
- Cook macaroni noodles in salted water until tender (DO NOT over cook, pasta will be baked in oven and finish with sauce and meat).
- Drain pasta but do not rinse, pour into a large bowl, pour in cheese sauce, bacon and ham and stir together.
- In a large baking dish big enough to hold the Mac and Cheese, spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Pour in the Mac and Cheese mixture, top with crumbled bacon bits and Parmesan cheese and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes 'til golden on top.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon
- Honey Ham