- (1) 14 oz. package of Patrick Cudahy® Thick Sliced Double Smoked Bacon
- 6 Jumbo Bratwurst
- 6 Pretzel Rolls
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 package of Patrick Cudahy® Fully Cooked Bacon Pieces
- 4 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Velveeta
- 2 cups Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 6 oz. Lager Style Beer
- 1. Wrap each jumbo brat with 2 strips of Patrick Cudahy® bacon and place tooth picks in the ends to make sure the bacon stays in place. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the Cheese Sauce. In a medium sauce pan add the heavy cream and simmer on medium. Then add the Velveeta and lager beer, stirring until the cheese is fully melted. While it is simmering, stir in the bacon pieces and aged cheddar cheese. Turn the heat to low and remove from heat once the sauce is slightly thickened (about 8-10 minutes).
- 3. Place the bacon wrapped brats on a griddle heated to 350°F and turn 1-2 minutes until bacon is crisp and the internal temperature of the brats reach 145°F.
- 4. Serve in the pretzel rolls with a generous portion of the Cheese Sauce.
This Recipe Features
- Thick Sliced
Double Smoked Bacon